Timid people achieve less than bold people.
Boldness builds the future. Fear stalls progress and congeals the past. Fear is survival mode. Boldness is opportunity mode.
4 Ways to Build Boldness:
- Prepare people for future challenges with training.
- Provide mentors.
- Celebrate mistakes caused by boldness.
- Most importantly fill people with hope.
Don’t press timid people to be bold – Give them hope and they will be bold.
Boldness follows hope. Hope is facing the future believing you’ll win. Napoleon Bonaparte said, “A leader is a dealer in hope.” Timid people don’t believe they can win.
People who believe they can win keep working to win.
10 Ways to Build Hope:
- Believe in them more than they believe in themselves.
- Do things that matter. Never complete bland tasks; always achieve meaningful vision.
- Remember past successes. “Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent,” Mignon McLaughlin.
- Pat people on the back.
- Celebrate small wins, every day. Small wins create big wins.
- Celebrate effort; it keeps people moving forward.
- Praise frequently; correct occasionally.
- Focus on strengths more than weaknesses.
- Help people rest and renew.
Leaders who give others hope have bold teams.
How do you instill hope in the hearts of others?
Don’t miss a single issue of Leadership Freak, subscribe today. It’s free. It’s private. It’s always practical and brief.
Go to the main page of Leadership Freak by clicking the banner at the top of this page, look in the right-hand navigation bar, enter your email and click subscribe. Your email address is always kept private. Note: if it doesn’t arrive, check your spam filter for a confirmation email.